Sunday, May 9, 2010

chocolate milk

I love being a mother. It is such a joy to watch your children learn and grow, and of course with Bethany around it can be quite amusing. One of my favorite treats in the world is chocolate milk, don't ask me why. The girls have now adopted my love for the drink and every day, pretty much every time we eat Bethany asks for chocolate milk. We made a rule that you can only have one glass a day. Bethany usually has it after dinner for dessert. The other day she was adamant about having it after lunch. I told her that she wouldn't be able to have any for dinner. She considered that, but still decided to have some "now". I poured her the milk and she poured in the chocolate. Jared reiterated that she wouldn't be able to have any later. As she was stirring her milk she looked up at the bottle of chocolate and all of the sudden her face lights up."oh", she says,"This says 2, so I can have 1 more. I can have 2 glasses of chocolate milk." Jared and I were both thinking "what is she talking about". It was all said so matter of factly, we couldn't help but smile. We picked up the bottle and there clear as day, in big letters "2 MORE Oz". How do you argue with that? Luckily she didn't ask for chocolate milk after dinner. My girls are such a joy to me. Claira is getting more and more vocal every day. I am having so much fun with them. Being a mommy is great. Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment