Monday, October 11, 2010

Lets play catch up

Welcome back blogger world. WOW has it been awhile!!! I now have 3 amazingly beautiful daughters and life is WONDERFUL! I'm sure none of you will be surprised that I've had my hands full. So lets play a little catch up. Starting with the most impressive update first.





Ellianna "Elly" Afton Kempton was born the day after big sister Claira's birthday (thanks for waiting Elliana)on July 10th. She was 6lbs 12oz, my biggest baby yet. And boy was she beautiful. My favorite doctor Dr. Evans was able to deliver her. She also delivered Claira. This was pretty neat because she was not my primary doctor for this pregnancy due to her being on maternity leave.

My mom was able to come out for a week or so prior to the big day. We had lots of fun, but as I look back at these pictures all I remember is how TIRED I was.

the aquarium



The swimming pool


the 4th of July


The pond


The Botanical Gardens







The Zoo (me taking a rest at the elephant enclosure and trying to get some comfort from the other elephants there)




A very small celebration with Grandma on Claira's birthday. She LOVES her new doll that cries like a real baby. Grandma couldn't resist getting Bethany one too and ended up get Claira an additional birthday present.

And then it was Sat. Jared was working up in Abq. He couldn't leave his booth at the mall without getting fined. His brother was dropping his sister off hours away in the mountains for camp. This is the day Elliana decided to join us. I was nervous he wasn't going to make it. Not really worried just nervous. It was certainly a relief when he finally got there.

nervous smile
Elly came into the world that Saturday evening with a nick name(Elly) and a middle name(Afton, after Jared's grandmother). Her full name, Elliana, wasn't decided until the following morning. The name came from a little ways down the list of E names we had considered. I always thought the name was just beautiful but I couldn't see myself having a little Elliana for a daughter, that is until I held her in my arms and called her Elliana for the first time. It just fit. The name means daughter of God, and she is just that, a beautiful daughter of our Heavenly Father.

I am so blessed to have these wonderful girls. They amaze me daily. From Bethany telling us its ok we can just fix the clock with duct tape to Claira desperately running through the house so she can wave and say "I love you" to the garbage man as he dumps our trash to little Elliana and her very first smile. I love my life. And I am so incredibly grateful to be married to my very best friend. He is amazing with the girls, he is talented and intelligent and I just love to listen to him and be with him. We will be married for 5 years next year the 15th of March.

We share our anniversary with an incredible couple. They raised my best friend growing up Lisa and lived right across the street from us. Theirs, more than any marriage I observed during my youth, served as an inspiring example of love and commitment. They seemed to me to be best friends not just mother and father of their children. Unfortunately, this year Terry Carlton passed away. My heart breaks for his family he was greatly loved, but especially for Rosalie and the loss of her best friend. I can't even imagine.

My sister and I were fortunate enough to go to his funeral where we grew up in southern california. I hope making the trip helped them know how much we love them and care about them and how positive an influence they have been on our lives.

While we were in ca we were able to visit with my grandparents before they left on a trip out east.


To reward our five kids who made the long carride over with us we spent a few days at the beach. They loved it.





We had a good time and are looking forward to my dad coming to visit in a few weeks. Well actually he is going to Colorado springs and we will all meet there it should be a good time!!!

More updates to come.(hopefully)

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, a blog post. Elly is such a cute baby and I love the other pictures too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Pictures! And ty for coming to the funeral, it really meant a lot.

    ReplyDelete