Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The things toddlers say

I love my little Bethany. She amuses us every day with the little things she says and does. I thought I would include some here for you to enjoy.

A week ago we were driving to Utah for Jared's grandfather's funeral. It was dusk and we decided to switch drivers so we pulled over to the side of the road. Without much ado we were back on the road. We were faces forward looking at the hours of travel in front of us, when Bethany said from her carseat in the back, "Look the sky is pink for me and God.""What?" we asked as we glanced at the marvelous sunset just to our left. She said, "Jesus made the sky pink for me because I like pink. Jesus loves me."The striking colors in the sky were gone a moment later. If she hadn't said anything I'm sure we would have missed the entire glorious spectacle. We smiled for miles to come, Yes my dear Jesus does love you very much and so do your two very humble parents.

Our daughter is quite bright, she astounds us every day with her self-obtained conclusions of the world around her. Sometimes though, realizations of our world can be difficult. Bethany came up to Jared and me last night quite distraught. We asked her what was wrong. She replied with tears filling her eyes,"I don't know how to fly." "Are you pretending to be a bird?" we asked. "No, I'm not a bird I'm Bethany." She said with a hurt and confused look on her face, as if to say why would they think I'm a bird. Frustrated that we didn't understand this tragedy she decided to show us. She got down off of Jared's lap and ran across the living room flapping her arms. She came back to us tears rolling down her face."See I can't fly!" We both tried to keep a straight face. I miserably failed, I just couldn't stop myself from smiles and muffled laughter. Jared was doing a bit better and so Bethany decided to direct her attention to him. "Dad you need to make me feathers so I can fly."

Our children our our joy. How blessed we feel to have them in our lives. Claira doesn't say much yet but we are looking forward to the day when she can share her many insights with us. I am perhaps a little anxious, for silence has only slightly muted her fantastic personality.

2 comments:

  1. Liebe ehemahlige Sister Milowicki! This is your golden speaking :) I'm so glad you have a blog so i can see what you are up to! Hope things are continuing to go well for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute!!! And you managed to get two blog posts in the space of a week...you're awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete